Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mtomes

GUID on Custom Entity missing

Hi 

I have CRM 2013 connected to PowerBI and have a standard and one custom entity. (Account 1:n Agancies) Pulling in the two tables in to PowerBI the AccoundID is not available on the Custom entity Agency.  What am I doing wrong? How can I create this relation?

Thanks

Regards,

Michal Tomes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, I created a custom entity and was able to get the GUID for a related "Agency" for an Account entity.

That field originally showed up as something like new_new_agency_account_Agency and it had those little arrow things next to the column header. I clicked on those and selected to display new_agencyId field

crm.png

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I do not have any custom entities but perhaps you need to do an expansion of a column? If you have any coluns that say something like "Table" as their content, they should have expansion icons in their column header, click on that and you can select individual fields for expansion.

Latest book!:

Hi...

Didn't found something like that. but the lookup field is there. although ist no showing me the ID, but an just the Account name. Looking direclty in the SQL DB, the GUID is there. But using PowerBI, i just don see the value I need. Any Idea?

Regards,

Michal

OK, I created a custom entity and was able to get the GUID for a related "Agency" for an Account entity.

That field originally showed up as something like new_new_agency_account_Agency and it had those little arrow things next to the column header. I clicked on those and selected to display new_agencyId field

crm.png

Latest book!:

Thanks! That was it. My problem was, that this of course is only available before loading the data.

Regards,

Michal

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors