Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From Excel Publish to Power BI to recreate the Power View sheets as reports in the Power BI service?

From OneDrive for Business

I have a Microsoft Excel workbook that is saved to OneDrive for Business. The workbook contains several Power View sheets.

I need to recreate the Power View sheets as reports in the Power BI service.

Following steps can Solve the problem:

From Excel, click Publish to Power BI, and then click Export. (This is the solution when excel workbook is saved to OneDrive for Business)

From Microsoft SharePoint Online

I have a Microsoft Excel workbook that is saved to Microsoft SharePoint Online. The workbook contains several Power View sheets.

From the Power BI service, get the data from SharePoint Online, and then click import (This is the solution when excel workbook is saved toMicrosoft SharePoint Online)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-from-excel

Export workbook data to Power BI

When you choose this option, any supported data in tables and/or a data model are exported into a new dataset in Power BI. If you have any Power View sheets, those will be re-created in Power BI as reports.

You can continue editing your workbook. When your changes are saved, they’ll be synchronized with the dataset in Power BI, usually within about an hour. If you need more immediate gratification, you can just select Publish again, and your changes are exported right then and there. Any visualizations you have in reports and dashboards will be updated, too.

Choose this option if you’ve used Get & Transform data or Power Pivot to load data into a data model, or if your workbook has Power View sheets with visualizations you want to see in Power BI.

Using Export from Publish to Power BI in Excel is pretty much the same as using Get Data > File > OneDrive for Business > Export Excel data into Power BI from Power BI in your browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Microsoft Excel workbook that is saved to OneDrive for Business. The workbook contains several Power View sheets.

From Excel, click Publish to Power BI, and then click Export. (This is the solution when excel workbook is saved to OneDrive for Business)

I have a Microsoft Excel workbook that is saved to Microsoft SharePoint Online. The workbook contains several Power View sheets.

From the Power BI service, get the data from SharePoint Online, and then click import (This is the solution when excel workbook is saved to Microsoft SharePoint Online)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Microsoft Excel workbook that is saved to OneDrive for Business. The workbook contains several Power View sheets.

From Excel, click Publish to Power BI, and then click Export. (This is the solution when excel workbook is saved to OneDrive for Business)

From the Power BI service, get the data from SharePoint Online, and then click import (This is the solution when excel workbook is saved to Microsoft SharePoint Online)

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for sharing this.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors