Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Free vs Pro licence question

Hello everyone.

I have one question about license details.

Power BI Free allows to publish reports into Power BI service in Office 365. I read somewhere that this reports will be public. They will be public inside organisation (O365) or public generally?

Thanks in advance,
Nekkoru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

With Publish to web, you can publish Power BI reports to the whole Internet by embedding interactive visualizations in blog posts, web sites, social media, and other online communications on any device. Anyone on the Internet can view your reports, and you have no control over who can see what you've published. They don't need a Power BI license. Publishing to the web is available only for reports that you can edit. You can't publish reports to the web if they're shared with you or if they're in an app. More about publishing to the web.

Warning

Use Publish to web only to share content publicly, not for internal sharing.

I attached below comparisons for your reference:

6.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

With Publish to web, you can publish Power BI reports to the whole Internet by embedding interactive visualizations in blog posts, web sites, social media, and other online communications on any device. Anyone on the Internet can view your reports, and you have no control over who can see what you've published. They don't need a Power BI license. Publishing to the web is available only for reports that you can edit. You can't publish reports to the web if they're shared with you or if they're in an app. More about publishing to the web.

Warning

Use Publish to web only to share content publicly, not for internal sharing.

I attached below comparisons for your reference:

6.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Please refer the below snippet and link.

pro vs free.JPG

Publish to web - If you dont have sensitive data and need to share entire public then refer it.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Edwin74
Frequent Visitor

Hi Nekkoru,

If you publish reports to the web, they are visible to anyone. So not just within your company/organisation. So if you choose to do so, you should check beforehand if your company allows reports to be published on the web. Also you should make sure there's absolutely no confidential information within the reports.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers Eddie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors