Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

burgesst
Frequent Visitor

Free / Pro Licence inconsistency

I had a trial of PowerBI Pro, which expired.  I got offered a 60 day extension, which I took.

But if you look at the Office 365 admin centre, it says our organisation has NO Pro licenses, and our Pro trial shows as deprovisioned and 0 assigned.

But in PowerBI Manage Personal Storage, it says I am a Pro Trial User, and also all the Pro features still work (I have 10GB storage, and my scheduled refershes via the Enterprise Gateway are still working!

So

-what's going on

-and how can my colleage extend his trial too?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
theBIbutler
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi

Check out this page:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi/

Quote:

"Users taking advantage of this in-product Power BI Pro trial do not appear in the Office 365 admin portal as Power BI Pro Trial users (they appear as Power BI free users). They will, however, show up as Power BI Pro Trial users in themanage storage page in Power BI."

As to why I don't know!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@burgesst Also in my experience there is no limit on number of times Pro license can be extended and how many users within organisation can use it. Its just that you don't get that extra enterprise capabilities like with O365 if you're on Pro trial and then also it depends on when MS want to change limits around Pro trial.

sssshhhhhhh!

Don't shout about it!

Smiley Very Happy

Thanks, and I've got my colleague on the trial from the manage storage page too, now!

theBIbutler
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi

Check out this page:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi/

Quote:

"Users taking advantage of this in-product Power BI Pro trial do not appear in the Office 365 admin portal as Power BI Pro Trial users (they appear as Power BI free users). They will, however, show up as Power BI Pro Trial users in themanage storage page in Power BI."

As to why I don't know!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors