Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sephirex
Frequent Visitor

Free Account Workspace now Marked as Premium. Online report urls deactivated.

So discovered this morning all my public embeds had become inactive.    Went into the web portal to discover my single workspace was now marked with the premium 'diamond' and was set to try and connect to a reporting service.   I've attemped to turn off the premium switch, but have only gotten error codes in return and a prompt to contact support (which I can't do without a paid subscription)

I went ahead and signed up for the 60 day trial to see if that would give me more control to solve things.   Now my workspace is no longer marked as premium, but the 'Publish to Web' feature is missing.   I also attempted to create a new workspace to see if I could publish from there, but that is throwing up error codes as well.

Has anyone had this happen before or have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sephirex Are you the owner admin of the domain? Is your company adopting Power BI and there could be other admins or others doing things in the environment, or is this just a random weird occurance on your private domain?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Sephirex Are you the owner admin of the domain? Is your company adopting Power BI and there could be other admins or others doing things in the environment, or is this just a random weird occurance on your private domain?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer!  Your questions alone provided a lot of insight.  My log-in domain is part of a large organization who's already using Microsoft to run their intranet and a sharepoint, which means the admin chain would naturally duplicate itself into Power BI.  Our little department has mostly been the only adopter of Power BI, but I'd heard other departments were starting to take an interest.  If an admin activated a Power BI account and accidently turned off web reporting, that would make a lot of sense.

I'll look into it.   Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors