Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThiagoM1011

Forms, BI online, Power Automate (Flow) and Apps integration

Hi guys,

I'm new in Power BI and have the free account.

I need to create a Power Apps using the responses from a existing Microsoft Forms and Power BI. The Power BI report needs to update automatically from Microsoft Forms responses.

My steps

- 1st: I created the Forms that is going to receive multiple responses everyday;

- 2nd: In Power BI online I created a new Streaming Dataset using API;

- 3rd: In Power Automate (Flow) I linked the previous steps (1st and 2nd).

ThiagoM1011_0-1654375062174.png

4th: I will link this Power BI online report in Power Apps. I will use conditional formatting so that each response from Forms has a specific type of icon. Example: If the person A didn't answer the Forms = X icon ; If the person A has already answered the Forms = Yes icon ; If the person A has already answered the Forms but with a response that requires attention = ! icon.

My questions are:

1 - I would like first to process the data from Forms. Example: when I download the Forms responses (.xlsx) I see that the date column is in American format (mm/dd/yyyy + hh:mm:ss) so I want to transform into dd/mm/yyyy.

2 - Linking the Microsoft Forms responses directly into Power BI online is the best way?

3 - How could I update automatically the responses from Forms dataset in the reports from BI once now I have to manually click on the update button in Power BI online?

ThiagoM1011_1-1654375694467.png

4 - Is it possible to update the report more than 8x a day using a free account? If yes, how could I do it?

I appreciate any help!

1 REPLY 1
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ThiagoM1011 

With free license it would be impossible to achieve your aims.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors