Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JanosUhrin

Formatting issue in MS Edge Chromium

Dear Power BI community,

can you help me troubleshooting a special case?

The current situation:

we are working on a Power BI dashboard for internal reporting purposes. Development is done, we involved 100+ end-users to test it. Nobody experienced such a strange display in MS Edge Chromium.

(some of them had issues with old version of MS Edge or Chrome but after upgrading the browser, all issues were solved)

Issue:

we have a unique user who opens Power BI Portal in MS Edge (he has the latest version) and the report formatting is messed up. Changing to Chrome the report is fine again for the same user!

The difference in Edge:

- Wrong color scheme

- Wrong font & font size

- Some buttons are completely missing

I added some print screens about the expected layout and also about the problematic screen. 

Can you help us what settings we should change or try?

Any advice or recommendation would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Janos

correct layout

JanosUhrin_0-1621359399805.png

incorrect layout

JanosUhrin_1-1621359448701.png

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @JanosUhrin 

Could you check to see if the user and what zoom he has on his browser?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi GilbertQ,

thanks for checking the case so quickly!

I checked your proposal for my userID (as the affected user is still inactive today) - I increased the zoom up to 150% but unfortunately, the layout (color, font size) remained the same; I mean correct. 

i don't know why I have no permission to upload a photo to show you the outcome.

So for me the zoom change had an impact only on the size of the panels inside the report: - left side navigation panel increased, right side dashboard panel decreased - but still, the visuals inside the dashboard panel were ok. 

I think the problem is not here but somewhere else.

Thanks,

Janos 

I checked with the affected user and he has the normal 100% zoom settings in Edge. Therefore the problem is still valid. 

Hope somebody can help.

It would appear that there is some setting on the users PC that is causing this issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Most probably you are right. As we haven't experienced such a strange layout change from the other 100+ users.

But as I said, the 'affected' user could reach the report in a proper way via the Chrome browser. Therefore the issue is with - most probably - his Edge settings. Do you have any hint which settings could cause this?

(unfortunately, Edge is our corporate default browser; it could happen that we will have more issues when we go live with the report and extend the number of users)

In the meantime, I tried to change every setting in Edge for replicating the issue with my profile (especially those which are about accessibility and appearance) but there was no success.

But at least we have some progress, as my colleagues tried to reset the Edge settings and actually, that fixed the problem.

On the other hand, we still don't know what is the root cause for this issue - the affected user is not a 'super user' who changes the default settings so it is pretty strange that we have such a case right now.

Hi @JanosUhrin ,

In my opinion, it is caused by browser cache. After you clean the cache, it will works well. It is the same that you have reset the edge.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi Dedmon,

thanks for checking the case! 

Unfortunately, i cannot say that it helps as the affected user already reset his Edge settings so we are not able at the moment to validate that. 

As soon as we could replicate somehow this issue, we will check if browser cache cleanup is also / even more effective. 

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors