Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joostraaphorst
Frequent Visitor

Format percentage 9,9,9%

Since today the format of percentage measures has changed.

It shows 9,9,9% instead of 9,99%.

Anyone facing this issue?

Format percentage.png

15 REPLIES 15
rayz
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft How can we move forward on getting this fixed? Do I need to open a support issue or is the Power BI Team already aware of this issue?

@rayz I have raised an ticket at Power BI Basic support. It's not a paid support ticket so the priority is not that high.

Thanks, if you could post a reply when you get a respons, that would be greatly appreciated. Also: was not aware a free ticket could be logged, good to know!
rayz
Frequent Visitor

It looks like a localization/language problem; if I switch the Power BI language from Dutch to English, the percentages are displayed correctly. 

I am also facing this problem. Changing the language from dutch to english seem to be a workaround. I'm assuming Microsoft made some behind the scene changes which is causing this.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @joostraaphorst,

I am not able to reproduce your issue. When I view Gauge Chart in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service, the percentage measure displays properly as follows. Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.37.4464.602) to create Gauge Chart? How do you create your percentage measure?
Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

i am facing exactly the same problem with 3 of my (Dutch) customers and my own dashboards. The same problem is also there with the latest Power BI version (2.38.4491.282).

Is there any more information available? 1 of my customers is testing the Board dashboards right now and this was een unpleasant suprise!

I am currently in the proces of examining the issue with Microsoft. A recent reply i've got indicates that the problem is broad:

Quote:

Microsoft wrote:

Hello Sander,

The issue seems to be known but I would like to do some tests and investigations. Hence please advise your feedback for the questions below.

Unfortunatly i dont have the time to reply Microsoft untill monday, so no solution yet.

Hi Sander,

Thanx for the update! Good to hear that the problem is under investigation. Happy to hear when there is more information available!

Just recieved an update:

"Hello Sander,

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. I have communicated with my internal resources and this is a known issue. The product team are currently working on the fix. I will follow up and update you whenever it is resolved. It is needless to keep the case open so I will go ahead and archive it.

Kind regards"

Hoping for a quick fix soon.

Hello Joost,

I hope all is well. I called earlier and left a voicemail. It has been confirmed that this is a Product defect. The ETA for the fix is end of September (with the release of PBI Desktop for September). A workaround could be setting three digits of precision for your percent format should cause the commas to align correctly.

I will proceed with closing this ticket at this time. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Thanks very much for your patience on this matter.

Sincerely

Wilfred Adelowo

Thanx for the update Joost!

Hi Lydia,

thanks for your reaction.

Our dataset is a SSAS tabular model, where we have defined the format of the percentage with 1 decimal.

We are not using Power BI Desktop. We build the dashboard in the PowerBI app in Office 365.

When we select the measure in a table it shows up correct, but in a visual it shows up with 2 decimals and an extra decimal point.

Percentage Decimal Points.pngFormat percentage visuals.png

Scroller percentageScroller percentage

@v-yuezhe-msft It seems not limited to the gauge visual. I have this problem in the Scroller visual and the line chart visual. In my case the measure is a DAX measure that is formatted as percentage with 2 decimals by Power BI.  If you view the data table of the visual, the percentages look fine

rayz
Frequent Visitor

I also have this issue as of today. It only seems to appear in the web application and only affects percentages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors