Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

khoapa
Frequent Visitor

Forgot password to export invoice

Dear All,

I forgot the password to sign in Power BI website to export a monthly invoice.

There are 2 solutions for this.

The first solution is that our company has two power BI admin (the first one is me, the second is our CFO). Our CFO can get the invoice for me or transfer his admin role to another people then we can export the invoice. However, he did resign now, so he can not do export the invoice (he did not transfer his admin role to another people). Also he said that he can not remember the password to sign in the power BI website. To reset password, we did procedure following Microsoft's instructions and an reseting password email has been sent to his email. Because he resigned now, his email was deactived and we can not open the reset pw email. To recover the email, it takes very long time to get the approval of our boards of directors (BOD) to reopen the CFO's email. And it's possible that our BOD can disapprove that.

The second solution is that opening CFO's email to get the reseting password email for my admin account ( I did procedure of reseting password for my own admin account following by Microsoft's instructions). However, as I mentioned above, it takes long time to get BOD's approval because it's involved in security information in CFO's email; and maybe I can not get the BOD's approval.

Does anyone can find solution to help me to get the password back to sign in the Power BI website?

Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @khoapa ,

Pre-requisite: You should be a PRO user.

Here's a GIF that i found regarding it:

Support Ticket.gif

Also, here are a couple of reference links:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/how-to-create-a-service-request-to-contact-power-bi-support...

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @khoapa ,

First, try to create a support ticket through the Power BI support page.

If you're unable to go through the Power BI support page, then try to create a ticket via Office Support.

If you're unable to create a ticket either through either of these pages, then try to contact support over the phone:

• For customers in the United States (US) and the rest of the Americas: +1-800-936-5800
  • For customers in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia (EMEA): +44-844-800-2400
  • For customers in India: +1-800-419-5666

Another option to contact Microsoft support for help is by purchasing Microsoft Premier support. If you know your organization has purchased Microsoft Premier support and you still can't create a case from any Power BI channel or Office Support, then you can contact Premier support over the phone:

• For customers in the United States (US) and the rest of the Americas: +1-800-936-3100
  • For customers in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia (EMEA): +44-844-800-8338
  • For customers in India: +1-800-425-5666

For such threads, it is recommended that you create a support ticket directly or ask for telephone support to avoid disclosing privacy data.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @khoapa ,

The actual way here is to actually get BOD's approval and receive reset password mail from CFO's email.

Try creating a support ticket here and see if MS can help you regarding it.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Dear @Anand24,

It's almost impossible to get BOD's approval because the information in CFO's email is very sensitive and can not be leaked out by any means. So I'm here to look for anyone or Microsoft supporters to find another way to help me to get the password.

Thank you for your help.

@khoapa,

Since both the global admins have forgot password, i guess the best way forward is raise a support ticket with MS.

Thanks !

Dear @Anand24,

Thank you for your advice,

However I do not know how to raise a support ticket with Microsoft, could you help me to provide the specific instructions or any instruction links?

Thank you so much.

I am very appreciated that.

Hi @khoapa ,

Pre-requisite: You should be a PRO user.

Here's a GIF that i found regarding it:

Support Ticket.gif

Also, here are a couple of reference links:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/how-to-create-a-service-request-to-contact-power-bi-support...

@amitchandak 

According to your solution, it needs to sign in and access "admin portal" by admin account.

However, our company has only 2 admin account ( 1 for me and 1 for our CFO), and we do not remember the password to sign in.

So it does not work for me.

Btw, thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors