Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tpottroff

Forcing premium capacity

I have a workspace that has 3 reports that have been in use for a few months (like 3 max) and get very little usage so far.  But they worked just fine.  Now suddenly all my users are getting the "must have pro license to view" message and nobody can get to the site.  Is there any way to figure out what I did to trigger this? 

We don't have a lot of usage (access granted for 21 people, but maybe only 12 actually use the pages), my workspace says I'm only at 15MB of my allotted 10GB storage, and there are no "pro license only" visuals that I know of.  My data all comes from excel files saved on sharepoint with the exception of 1 report that pulls in to a sharepoint list.  I have no gateways.  Data is added to the excel files every morning then dataset is refreshed by power automate flow.  The only "extra" thing I can really think of is that I had a power automate button added to one of the reports so it could refresh the dataset on demand.  However I removed that when I first heard users were getting errors and it didn't change anything.  

It just doesn't seem like any part of these reports is hitting some sort of boundry that needs "premium capacity" but that's my error.  Does anybody have any thoughts of what I can change to avoid needing pro licenses or premium capacity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

If they don't have a Pro license they can't see your reports, not related to Premium or not. Maybe they all had Pro trial and it expired?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

As @SpartaBI indicates, all report consumers need a pro license to view the reports, unless the workspace in which the report resides is backed by premium capacity

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

If they don't have a Pro license they can't see your reports, not related to Premium or not. Maybe they all had Pro trial and it expired?

Thank you.  I wasn't aware that a free account wouldn't let you see published reports. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors