Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pcable
Regular Visitor

Force user to login with an organization account

I'm working on a proof of concept for embedding powerbi into a new sass application. It works great in the 'app in owns data' mode. However for the first 12 month of operation we're going to have around 10 core users on the system and this would mean we need to pay the USD750 per month for the server.

Eventually we'll move to that when it makes economic sense but in the mean time we wish to simply add these 10 users into our organisation, get them pro licences and embed with a 'user owns data' model and only spend USD100 per month.

I've got this working with my own account and the dashboard looks great however the login flow is awful. Currently the user logs into our application using their normal standalone email + password. Then we get them to login to azure with the organization account and grant permissions to our app. Then everything works fine. I'd like the login to azure step + permissioning to happen automatically. I suspect this isn't the right forum but I'm new to Azure and PowerBI and would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors