How can I fix ERROR - Forbidden from analysis.windows.net in - Analyze in Excel - ?
1. Download the odc file by Analyze in Excel on Power BI Service.
2. Open the odc file in Excel 2016.
OS: Windows 10 Pro x64.
PC: Surface Pro 4.
Office 365: E3 + Power BI Pro.
I want to use Analyze in Excel
Hello, NH, thank you reply
I start the Support Request to Office 365 Customer Support.
They are starting to verify this issue.
This issue have solved.
I can connect analysis.windows.net for Excel by Microsoft Support's workaroud information.
Workaroud is that Add "User ID=<your mail address>" in odc file's before </odc:ConnectionString>.
Now, I can connect from Excel to Power BI Service's Data Model as OLTP server by the odc file.
Great Thank you, Microsoft Office 365 Support.
1. The workaround need to add User ID= ... string to each odc file.
2. At first time to open the odc file by Excel 2016, The user need to sign in operations.
3. No more need to sign in operation, after sign in the odc file, even if close Excel 2016, restart Windows.
This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!
Don't miss the Power BI Dev Camp this week!
Check out a full recap of the month!
Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!
Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.