Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

motoray
Helper V
Helper V

Font issue with paginated reports

I'm having an odd problem. I've created a paginated report that uses Arial throughout. As I developed the report, I tested it in the service and all was good until I added the ability to hide/show child groups. Once I added a parent group textbox as the "toggle" to hide/show the child group below it, the font changed. 

I saw that "custom fonts aren't supported" here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-faq#what-paginated-rep... 

Does that mean that you basically get what you get for fonts when publishing Power BI paginated reports? 

For now I've got the report published where it's 70% Arial, but it bugs me that it only changes the font for those drilldown textboxes.

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @motoray 

Yes as far as I currently know you can only use the supported/default fonts.

You can vote for the an idea for custom fonts at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

And you don't think Arial would be a supported font? It's been around since there was a Microsoft Office.

Can you make sure all the text boxes and tablix have the same font? I think you can select all within the tablix and set the font. I was able to select all and still set the font by clicking top left tablix textbox and then dragging to lower right but staying inside the tablix.

If that does not work, check the .rdl file and make sure there are no other fonts set on tablix.

And if you have a repro, would love to see it. Can make with the enter data feature so no proprietary data.

I did what you asked and all I found was Arial. I was able to repro the issue with a sample report. Started from blank and just used "Enter Data" as you suggested. How can I get it to you?

If you have a onedrive, dropbox or something similar, upload and add a link to this chat please.

Hi Motoray,

Thank you for the repro. I was not able to see your issue, the text are all Arial 10pt. I also tried exporting to Word and the fonts report as Arial 10pt. Sorry, could not help.

It was only ever a problem when it was published to a Premium Workspace. I've just stopped fighting it and let it be whatever font it wants to be.

Thanks for checking.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors