Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbjohnson
Helper I
Helper I

Focus Mode Printing Size

I have a user that runs a report, goes into Focus Mode, then prints the visual out (which just contains a table with 6 columns). This has worked with no problems for months. However, this morning, when he prints, the size of the table has dramatically decreased...so small it's not even readable. No changes have be made by us to any of this. And this is can be reproduced on multiple computers and printers. How do I get the size of the printed table back to normal size?

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @mbjohnson,

It seems like current we can't configuration printed copy to confirm the print result will be same as power bi service displayed.

I think you can take a look at below article to know more about the limitations of print feature.

Printing from Power BI service

Considerations and troubleshooting

• Q: I cannot find the Print button.
  • A: If you are using Power BI Desktop, printing is not supported. Printing only works in Power BI service.
  • Q: I cannot print all the report pages at once.
  • A: That is correct. Report pages can only be printed one page at a time.
  • Q: I cannot print to PDF.
  • A: You will only see this option if you've already configured the PDF driver in your browser.
  • Q: What I see when I select Print doesn't match what you're showing me here.
  • A: The Print screens vary by browser and software version.
  • Q: My printout isn't scaled correctly. My dashboard doesn't fit on the page. Other scaling and orientation questions.
  • A: We cannot guarantee that the printed copy will be exactly the same as it appears in Power BI service. Things like scaling, margins, visual details, orientation, and size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

This is actually being printed from a report that is published to the web, not the Power BI service or desktop, using the standard "Print" option from the browser. Again, this was printing the correct size for months and just started printing small yesterday. User clicks "Focus mode" on the table visual, right mouse clicks on that screen, then selects "Print" from the displayed context menu.

HI @mbjohnson,

Have you test with other browsers or other devices? I'm not so sure if the issue caused to compatibility of browser and power bi service.

In addition, you can also try to export report to local file(e.g. export to pdf), then use its print feature to test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

It does it on all machines I've tested it on and using all browsers. There's not a way to export the report to any other file type except a Webpage.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors