Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kevin_Conseil
Helper II
Helper II

Flow+Alert+Slack - problems with calculated measure

Hi everyone,

I am using Flow topost a slack message when an alert is triggered. 

Everything works fine except for the alerts that are based on a calculated measure. the tile value is blank and no data are displayed. 

Any idea why is it happening and is there a workaround ?

Best,

Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kevin_Conseil ,

Can you please share more details?

• How do you set the condition and threshold for alert? 
  • Can you please share the formula of the measure?
  • And please tell us what the results it should be.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xue,

I am also having the same problem. I can see the values on the dashboard but when it's passed to Flow the TileValue is null

Here is the error message below when running Flow test.

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'CU_Check' at line '1' and column '2683': 'The template language function 'greater' expects all of its parameters to be either integer or decimal numbers. Found invalid parameter types: 'Null'.'.

I was trying to cast the TileValue to integer but got another error message.
InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'JT_Check' at line '1' and column '2683': 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'.

I have set the manage alerts for the tile with condition below threshold of -0.2.

I need both "TileValue" to be less than -0.2 and "isAlertTrigger" is true before I email alert.

I have used expression to convert  the TileValue to integer but getting the error message above.
My expression: int(body('JT_Alert')?['tileValue'] )

Thanks,
Michael Tran

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors