Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tijn167

Floor plan with motion sensors

Hey guys,

Currently i'm working on a project which needs to show the occupancy of different rooms in an office. To do this i've tried out some arduinos with motion sensors. The data is send to Azure which then processed by streaming analytics. I wanted to send this to PowerBI and display it in a floor map. I've created a interactive floor map with synoptic.  
The only data I send to powerBI are: roomId(int) and roomOccupied(int, 0 = not occupied & 1 = occupied). But it seems that powerbi counts all these values and that's not what I want. I just want per roomId the fact if its occupied or not and with that info I want to change the color of the room to red or green

Already followed many tuts but nothing seems to work.

Anyone who can help me?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tijn167,

You can add roomId into Category section and add roomOccupied into Measure section. The roomOccupied will be aggregiated automatically, it is not allowed to change this default behavior.

1.PNG

Then, set state as below so that different rooms will be filled with different colors based on its occupied state.

2.PNG

Reference: Visual Awesomeness Unlocked - Using the Synoptic Panel

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am facing to the same problem.

And I found this forum.
It will be aggregiated automatically, so what should I do?
I'm trying to make appropriate date on Streming analytics SQL.
I haven't succeeded yet.

How can I make the Appropriate data?

I am facing to the same problem.

And I found this forum.
It will be aggregiated automatically, so what should I do?
I'm trying to make appropriate date on Streming analytics SQL.
I haven't succeeded yet.

How can I make the Appropriate data?

Hey, thanks for the reply.

It still seems that it's not working properly.

For your info: i'm using a streaming dataset, i don't know if it's compatible with what I want?

Here is screenshot of how it looks now: 

https://imgur.com/a/sgRAX

Hi @tijn167,

Could you provide the screenshot of output dataset? In your dataset, is RoomID a unique value?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The roomid is unique

Every room has an iot-device which sends this to azure which forwards it directly to powerBI>
The output:
[
{
"roomid" : 1,
"roomoccupied" : 0 or 1 
}
]

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors