Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vkarumanchi
Helper I
Helper I

First incremental refresh time out error(SAP HANA source)

Dear Team,

I got the following error in the first incremental refresh after refresh run for 2 hours( My data source is SAP HANA database), can you help me out, what timeout is that?

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

Thanks,

Vara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your responce @lousegers,

After this i tried with oneday data and the refresh is completed sucessfully. If the refresh reaches two hours the refresh failing with the error(Timeout error).

with the following link there is a limitation on timeout for two hours in pro licence.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios#sch...

If its seems as solutiom please make it as solution.

Thanks,

Vara

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lousegers
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @vkarumanchi ,

You can get a more detailed description if you download your Power BI data gateway logs.

You can do this by making use of the PBI gateway gui on the machine the gateway is installed on.

I'm assuming there is a gateway timeout due to invalid credentials. In any case,the gateway can't be reached. Updating to the latest data gateway is always a good idea. Please do verify the data gateway you're trying to reach effectively exists. 🙂

Hope this helps you, @vkarumanchi  🙂

Was my answer anywhere helpful?

Show your appreciation by simply marking my reply as solution or throw it a kudo.

Hop on the data train and get connected @LouSegers

Thanks for your responce @lousegers,

After this i tried with oneday data and the refresh is completed sucessfully. If the refresh reaches two hours the refresh failing with the error(Timeout error).

with the following link there is a limitation on timeout for two hours in pro licence.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios#sch...

If its seems as solutiom please make it as solution.

Thanks,

Vara

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors