Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

klaus_martinez
Regular Visitor

Finding an alternative to allowing read-only access to PowerBI Report

Hey guys, 

I've looked through many forums and It's not clear of a solution for this. I will admistering a PowerBI report to share the report as a read-only report. I tried to publish to web, of which is unrestricted. I need restrictions to have my orginization to view the report. I tried embedding the report into sharepoint to view, but it's prompting the end user to install PowerBI Pro edition. I'm not asking anyone to edit the report in any way, but to view it only, but keeping it to my orginization. This is unacceptable to to have our orginization purchase a large O365 account to have limitations to licensing. We are spending way to much money as it is and I will recomment our company to pull out of our contract all together. 

I want someone to call me. No passing of this ticket around. 210-312-1370

Best regards, 

Klaus

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @klaus_martinez,

The main difference between a Free or Pro user is centered around sharing and collaboration. I think "Publish to web" is only way to share without a Pro license. Maybe you can embed the report into your own App. Please go to Developer forum for professional advices. 

And also please refer to: powerbi-free-vs-pro.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale, 

Thanks for the advise. Do you have a complet set of instructions in creating and implementing my own app? Google pointed me to to the features of the how to build an app, but the steps seems to be out of date with versioning of PowerBI desktop etc 

Best regards

Klaus

Hi @klaus_martinez,

You can find all the technical documentations here: powerbi-developer-what-can-you-do. And demos here: https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html.

Also you can get help here: Developer.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors