Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ricardo_MSS
Helper II
Helper II

Find source report for analyze in excel file

Good morning all, 

There is an excel file that has been created through analyze in excel function in Power BI service, I need to find the which report in our tenenat is its source. 

How do I do this? Below is the connection name for this file.

2020-05-05 09_17_15-Connection Properties.png

Thank you in advanced. 

Ricardo. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ricardo_MSS ,

Analyze in Excel is based on dataset. It is designed for Excel users to slice and dice data. When we open the .odc file, we can see data tables and the dataset name in tab. However, we don't know which report is from. There are not visualizations.

You could reference the documents to learn more about it.

Analyze in Excel 

Power BI and Excel; More than just an Integration 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Ricardo_MSS,

@v-xuding-msft is right that you cannot tie this connection to a report, however maybe you can find the corresponding dataset in the service. Because the ODC connection contains the ID of the dataset.

In your case, it's this part:

image.png

If you know the workspace where this dataset is located you can enter this ID in the browser:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/[Workspace ID]/settings/datasets/[Dataset ID]/

If you don't know the workspace:

• maybe the Power BI Service Administrator can look up the DatasetID via the Audit logs.
  • or if you have Power BI Premium, you can search for the Dataset ID in the Premium Metrics App in the IDs and Info page.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ricardo_MSS ,

Analyze in Excel is based on dataset. It is designed for Excel users to slice and dice data. When we open the .odc file, we can see data tables and the dataset name in tab. However, we don't know which report is from. There are not visualizations.

You could reference the documents to learn more about it.

Analyze in Excel 

Power BI and Excel; More than just an Integration 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xuding-msft  Thank you for your answer. 

Thats good enough for me. 

Hi @Ricardo_MSS ,

I'm glad it works for you. 😊 Can you please accept it as solution? Then we will be able to close this thread. More people who have the same request will find the answer easily and quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hi @Ricardo_MSS,

@v-xuding-msft is right that you cannot tie this connection to a report, however maybe you can find the corresponding dataset in the service. Because the ODC connection contains the ID of the dataset.

In your case, it's this part:

image.png

If you know the workspace where this dataset is located you can enter this ID in the browser:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/[Workspace ID]/settings/datasets/[Dataset ID]/

If you don't know the workspace:

• maybe the Power BI Service Administrator can look up the DatasetID via the Audit logs.
  • or if you have Power BI Premium, you can search for the Dataset ID in the Premium Metrics App in the IDs and Info page.

This also worked very well.  

Thank you. 

Is it possible to accept 2 answers as solution? 

@Ricardo_MSS Yes I can, I will accept my answer as a solution as well, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors