Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filters on multiple 'count' values

Hello everyone!
I'm brand new to the Power BI world and have been watching various videos to try and broaden my knowledge of the program and its capabilities, but I seem to have crossed a situation that I can't seem to find answers for. Hoping that someone here can help me out.

I'm attempting to create a report on our monthly audits that are performed at my company. My desire is to use a donut chart to showcase the various development opportunities our group being audited missed for the previous month (i.e. CD 1: Empathy, CD 2: Recap Arrangements, CD 3: Talk Over, etc.) These fields are given either a 'Pass' or 'Fail' by our QA team in the SharePoint form, and I would like to showcase the total number of fails for each particular Call Development, allowing us to show where we may need to focus our trianing efforts for the coming month.

Thus far I've been able to create a donut chart, but each category is only providing the total number of audits that were performed across the board, as seen below with the 944 number, with each Call Development category broken up into its own even section.

CDtotal.PNG

I have added a filter for each of these Call Development sections, and when I open up each individual CD, I can see that there were 5 fails for CD 1 last month, which is what I want to show in the donut chart. But when I select 'Fail' as the filter, it changes every single area to 5 as you can see below.

CDFilters.PNG

As I mentioned above, my desire would be to see the total number of fails for each area in the donut chart (i.e. CD 1: 5 fails; CD 2: 0 fails; CD 3: 12 fails; CD 4: 8 fails; CD 5: 2 fails; CD 6: 15 fails) and have the chart appropriate showcase where our biggest area of opportunity was. Is this possible with a donut chart? Am I utilizing the Visual level filters improperly? If so, what can I use to provide the desired results in my report? I appreciate any and all help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you could refer to below steps:

Sample data:

1.PNG

Unpivot all columns in query editor:

1.PNG

Create a Donut chart and use the [Value] as slicer:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you could refer to below steps:

Sample data:

1.PNG

Unpivot all columns in query editor:

1.PNG

Create a Donut chart and use the [Value] as slicer:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors