Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rcpk
Regular Visitor

Filters on embedded SharePoint web part

Hi all,

I have a report that pulls entries from a SharePoint list. The list is split down by project name.

I have added a filter to the report on Project Name and if I embed the report into a SharePoint page the filter is ok.

However if I edit the web part and hide the filter pane to prevent the users from changing the filter the value of the filter defaults back to whatever it was in PowerBI. As each project is going to have its own page with the report embedded on it I need to be able to filter the report on each page differently and prevent the user from changing the filter in SharePoint (or even seeing the filter pane).

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rob.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rcpk ,

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea here https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas , to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rcpk ,

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea here https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas , to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xicai ,

thanks very much for the reply, I'll have to do an individual page for each project in this case.

I have added this as a suggestion here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/38364559-ability-to-save-filters-...

Regards,

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors