Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nkurian
Frequent Visitor

Filters on PowerBI apps

Hi,

I have published the Powerbi workpace apps to Powerbi apps for end users to use. It works fine, however, Apps do not have a filter.

It does have slicers but not filter. Here is what I am trying to achieve.

A report displays the enrolment counts for the classes. If the end user needs to filter the report so that the report displays results only for class that contains the name "Nursing". With the slicer, the end user can filter the values in the slicer displaying the class names but it does not automatically update the report.They have to manually select the classes filtered in the slicer to get the results for all classes with "Nursing" in the name.

How do I achieve this result?

Thanks,

Ninu

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nkurian,

In my test, the slicer works fine, it can filter correct results in report which is contained in an APP.

1.PNG

In your scenario, what do you mean "They have to manually select the classes filtered in the slicer to get the results for all classes with "Nursing" in the name"? You said the report was not updated, please re-publish the App for a test. And check whether the slicer work fine in report itself.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Let us assume that there are 20 countries with the text "a" in the name. If you click the 3 dot on the right top and click on Search and type in "a" in the Search box, the data displayed  in the slicer will only show countries with "a" in it. Then you would have to manually select each country in the filtered down list in the slicer to get the report to update to show results for every country that have "a" in the name. In my scenario, there are many courses with the name "nursing" in it. My business need is to be able to filter the results with course name contain "nursing".

Hope the requirement is clear now.

Thanks,

Ninu

Hi @nkurian,

Thanks, from above description I can know what you actually required. But unfortunately, it is not supported to select multiple items at a time which are returned by searching key words. You may need to submit such an idea here.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors