Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ethan1701

Filtering report on URL - only some filters work

I have a data source coming in from an SSAS cube.

I'm able to add filters to reports' URLs and filter on the Year dimension, but not others.

My URL is in the form of

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/<REPORTID>/ReportSection?filter=DimDate/Year eq '2018' and DimGeography/Continent eq 'Asia'  and DimCurrency/Currency eq 'Euro'

No matter if I use all the filters or only one at a time, the report only ever gets filtered on the year, and gives an error on the other two filters:
pbiFilter2.PNG

As you can tell in the screenshot, Power BI recognizes the DimGeography table. (If I use an invalid table name, the tooltip that is here displaying 'DimGeography'[Undefined] doesn't appear at all).

I made a point to only try fields that don't have spaces in their names, and I was diligent about being case-sensitive.

I also tried clearing Chrome's cache and trying in Firefox, based on previous discussions in the forum.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or what might need to be changed in the data-types/ meta-data/ anything on the cube-side, in order to get this to work?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ethan1701,

What is the data type of [Continent]  and [Currency]? Please locate to Power Query editor to check if there existing any error when loading dataset. Also, please connect to this SSAS cube again in a new .pbix file to see whether problem persists.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could it not possibly be if the data types need to be set to Text?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors