Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

grijs
Frequent Visitor

Filtering "in the previous" days in directquery does not update

In one of my live directquery dashboards I want to show results of the previous 30 days. When editing the query, I can filter the date column on "In the previous..." and then select 30 days. This works well, until.... I publish the report to Power BI service. From this point no new data appears in the dashboard. Is there anything I can do to solve this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @grijs,

To update your data, Enterprise Gateway must be installed and the data source must be registered to establish a data connection. 

Using Direct Query with On-premises data sources, there is no need to configure Schedule refresh.

Read more about this under the Live connections and DirectQuery to on-premises data sources part in the article below:

Data refresh in Power BI

I have tested it on my local environment, everything works fine.
Untitled.png

Regards,

Charlie Liao

This is not the problem. I checked this and indeed it says that the gateway and data sources are online. I can also see that the live connections are working, that is fine. But only when I filter the data on a date field with the 'In the previous' option, it seems that the current date is not updated. When configuring the dashboard and filtering on the previous 30 days everything works fine, but when I come back the next day, still the same data is shown, that is the data from the day before yesterday until 30 days back from the day before yesterday. I would expect that the date window is shifted one day forward, because only then this is a useful live dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors