Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mariana_carmof
Frequent Visitor

Filtering published dashboard according to user's department

Hello, guys!
I want to find a way to filter a dashboard posted on the company page according to the user's department. I've seen a few ways like URL filter, RLS, parameters, but they all need Pro users. Is there any way to do this segmentation without purchasing licenses?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry you can't. The only way to share content to free users is with Dedicated Capacity (premium). Otherwise they need pro.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mariana_carmof
Frequent Visitor

Hi, @JR-DCPS  and @ibarrau !

Thanks for your feedbacks!

My license is PRO, but the viewers are free.

I think there isn't a way to do this for while. 😢

Sorry you can't. The only way to share content to free users is with Dedicated Capacity (premium). Otherwise they need pro.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

JR-DCPS
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is your service under a premium license? If you have that, the end-users only need to be provisioned with a free, viewer-only license rather than the pro. But you need to have some combination of Pro/Premium to make any sharing work.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. There is no way to do it without license because you can't share without PRO. If you want any of those you said you need license for the dev and the user shared.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors