Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dschaub626

Filtering Question

Hello

I have created a dashboard looking at Timecard Edits and Skewness, Net Minutes Changed, and Location-level data.  My first visual representation (tile) is looking at the 6 different Regions.  When I select "Region 1" I have another another tile that filters to the locations in Region 1.  Next to the location tile I have specific data showing Net Minutes Changed.  When I select a specific location I get the Net Minutes Changed for that location BUT my location tile now reverts back and shows me every store in every Region.  How can I get this Location tile to only show the locations in Region 1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @dschaub626 - The Region visual should retain the selection if you hold control + click the second visual. 

Also you can try modifying the interactions between visuals if you do not want selection of 1 visual affecting certain other visuals. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @dschaub626 - Would you be able to share a screenshot or a pbix file with sample data so can I analyze and understand the problem better? Thanks! 

Here is a screen shot.  Notice at the top I have clicked on Region 1.  At first the lower left-hand tile was only showing locations in Region 1 but as soon as I select a specific location, the rtile changes and shows me ALL of the stores again in ALL Regions.  Notice that the top tile is still showing Region 1 even though the location tile is showing all locations.Vision Dashboard Filter Issue.jpg

hi @dschaub626 - The Region visual should retain the selection if you hold control + click the second visual. 

Also you can try modifying the interactions between visuals if you do not want selection of 1 visual affecting certain other visuals. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Thank You!  That worked!

@dschaub626 - Happy to help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors