Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TerYeah
Helper I
Helper I

Filtered export not working

According to the blog, filtered export to PDF and PPT are now available in the Power BI Service. And sure enough, the options are visible in the export dialogue window. However, the output doesn't seem to consider the "export with" value, but instead uses the standard value each time. Anyone else experiencing this?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-service-and-mobile-february-2019-feature-summary/#...

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TerYeah 

As tested, It seems worked on my side.

first time

8.png

Second time, when i change the selection from slicer

9.png

Could you show me what is your problem?

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there, thanks for answering! I can see that this clearly works on your side. However, this is not the behaviour I'm experiencing. 

Standard view from PBI ServiceStandard view from PBI ServicePPT export = success!PPT export = success!Changed valueChanged valuePPT export = fail!PPT export = fail!

Notice how the export actually not only ignores my chosen value, but is somehow using the "select all" alternative, even though I've turned that off for this controller!

I've tried regular slicer, dropdown slicer, the new single-choice slicer design, the new filter experience, bookmarks - the result is the same. Smiley Sad

Hi @TerYeah 

Are you able to edit the report or only view?

Are this report created by you or shared with you from others?

Did you click on "save" icon on the report view after changing slicers?

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You know what? It's working now! I didn't do anything differently, it seems like a bug has been fixed in the PBI service. 

Anyways, thanks for your help!

Okay, now I actually got it working on one of my other reports. Could it be some kind of report level setting that I'm missing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors