Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chilli
Helper I
Helper I

Filter works in PBI Desktop totally fine but not in Power BI Web App

Hi,

I build up a power bi report based on an oralce db. I use for upload an on premises gateway, which loads the data daily.

While uploading the data in PBI Desktop it totally works. I have a date slicer (which connects the date table to the data needs to be shown).

When I upload the report, the data are still totally fine and connected as wished. But for some reasons the report shows up all data on the earliest date available after uploading data via gateway. Meaning the connection between date table and data needs be shown up is wrong.

Can you help me out? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chilli
Helper I
Helper I

I found the failure on my self. The format in the format of the date in data source changed, but the connecting between date table and further tables where build up poorly 😕  so the change of the format put a failure into the web app. 

Thx for your support as highly appreciated 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Chilli
Helper I
Helper I

I found the failure on my self. The format in the format of the date in data source changed, but the connecting between date table and further tables where build up poorly 😕  so the change of the format put a failure into the web app. 

Thx for your support as highly appreciated 🙂

shugh
Frequent Visitor

I think perhaps there is an issue in your data model between your data and the date table. Do you have access to the Power BI desktop file?

Yes I build that report 😅

and there we have no issue with that 😕

just in the web app 😞

All data without the earliest dateAll data without the earliest date

shugh
Frequent Visitor

Apologies, it looks like it should work. I can't see where things are going wrong.

shugh
Frequent Visitor

Are you able to expand the date slicer to start from 01.08.2021 and end at the maximum date?

Fully Date RangeFully Date RangeFully Date Range without the earliestFully Date Range without the earliest

So all data are connected for some reasons to the earliest date

shugh
Frequent Visitor

Hi, where is it showing as the earliest date? Could you provide a screenshot? Perhaps it is doing an auto summarisation of the earliest date.

ScreenshotScreenshot

Hi,

the attached screenshot shows up the report in the web app.  As you can see the earliest date is chosen via the slicer (filter) - in this case 01.08.2021. 

Taking out the 01.08.2021 means no data are shown any longer. All data are connected to the earliest date. So your suggestion gets in a good direction. Do you have a solution for tis issue.

Thx and greetings from Germany Chilli 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors