Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter type no longer available in published report

This is across all of our published reports.  The user used to be able to change a filter from advanced to basic and vice verse.  Now it just shows the default setting when the report was published.  This is true for both Page level filters and visual filters.  Both filter types show up in the power bi desktop where I choose the default before publishing.

Can anyone tell me how this happened and how to make all the filter types available when published?

I'm using the latest version of Power BI desktop (march) but it also did this when published under the January version.

This is occurring over all reports whether they have been recently published or not.

9 REPLIES 9
kyle
Advocate I
Advocate I

yes me too - thought I was going crazy, and it took me a lot of searching to find this post. Thanks for reporting!!

JeffreyYu
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue in Power BI Service. Filter type option shows up in edit mode, but disappears when the report switches to read mode. Since end users can only access reports in read mode, they no longer have the option to change filter type. They are stuck with the default type set by the report owner.

I hope this is just a temporary bug, not an intended feature.

VenGrim
Regular Visitor

Hello,

We're also experiencing the same issue with our reports.

Users used to have option to use advanced filters in Non EDIT mode.

Their security level does not allow them to edit reports.

I see advanced filter in edit mode, but I'm an admin.

Can this be resolved? It's affecting production emvironment.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

I could switch between "Basic" and "Advanced" under "Edit report" mode in Power BI Service.

1.PNG2.PNG

My desktop version is 2.67.5404.581 64-bit (March 2019).

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft ,

You are showing the report in edit mode. The filter type option used to exist even in read mode. Right now it disappears under read mode. And since end users only have read access to the reports, they are stuck with whatever the default is set by the report owner, and no longer have the option to change filter type.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that available to all users?

Any idea of why that was never required before but is now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked with my users and they do not have the option to edit the report.  So no help there.

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is a known issue which has been reported internally. Please wait for the fix.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for confirming this.  So often it seems like I'm the only one or the first one who experiences these issues which is so very unlikely.  Now that I know that Power BI is working on a resolution I can let my users know to be patient.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors