Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KarenKu
Regular Visitor

Filter panel Can I use Two Columns with OR logic

I encounted a problem. I want to use each December of years or the lastest month current year on x-axis on my chart.

For example, 

I have one column "YearMonth", and I want presenting "YearMonth" like, 201112,201212,201312,201412,201512,201612,201712,201808.

And plan to crate I colum "IsCurrentMonth" = 'Y'

I want use (YearMonth like '%12' OR IsCurrentMonth ='Y') to filter the data, and the chart will show correctly.

But, My question is the filter plane on the UI seems can not use "or" between two conditions?

What can I do? Or does Power BI Team have plan to enhanve this feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi KarenKu,

Report level filter can't operate logic such as "or", so you should use measure instead.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
praiselyabraham
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi , 

I just created a coupple of columns that has year, month  information  and then created a flag column

Axis Value = IF(OR([Month]=12,[YearMonth]=MAX([YearMonth])),1,0)

Hope this solves your issue

Capture.PNG

Regards.

Hi, Thanks for your replay, 

But I want to know that is there have a way to use in the filter panel, not create a new calculated column?

FilterPanel.JPG

Hi KarenKu,

Report, page level filters can be used in your senario, you may use advance filter to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi

I want to achieve, like (YearMonth like '%12' OR IsCurrentMonth ='Y') effect in filter section. I use two different columns in a criterion.

Can advane filter achieve my requiement? I didn't understant how can I do.

Hi KarenKu,

Report level filter can't operate logic such as "or", so you should use measure instead.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

In the filter section , that cant be added as you are looking for the max month in the current year, and these aggregative functions dont apply in this section. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors