Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danydon
Regular Visitor

Filter pane not hiding on powerbi embedded report (dynamics 365)

Hi,

I have a dynamics report embedded in a dynamics 365 portal. Up until very recently I succesfully hid the filter pane with the eye icon on powerbi desktop pictured below: 

Filter.JPG

However this has recently stopped working and the filter pane now shows again.

My embed link looks like this:

{% assign bi_link = "https://app.powerbi.com/groups/X/reports/X/ReportSection?filter=eb_incomes/ConsultantId eq '" | append: user.Id | append: "'" %}

I have tried changing it to below:

{% assign bi_link = "https://app.powerbi.com/groups/X/reports/X/ReportSection?filter=eb_incomes/ConsultantId eq '" | append: user.Id | append: "'&filterPaneEnabled=false" %}

But this was unsuccessful. I am starting to think this is a bug on Microsofts end but any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danydon
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your replies.

For those of you interested, Microsoft have confirmed that this is a bug on their end. They will be rolling out a fix in the third week of June, probably on or around 15 June.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
danydon
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your replies.

For those of you interested, Microsoft have confirmed that this is a bug on their end. They will be rolling out a fix in the third week of June, probably on or around 15 June.

I Am still facing the issue, it seems update did not change anything.

Any other workaround for the same 

I've got the same problem.  ANY more details from Microsoft?  Link to where they've documented it as a legit bug on their end and have it slated for work?

I have been told by Microsoft the fix will now be on their 7.2 train i.e. 12th July. I wouldn't hold your breath though as they keep delaying it.

As for documentation, all I have is the conversation with an engineer via a support ticket. This is a pain as we are trying to claim compensation for loss of service but communicating it to a billing employee is a nightmare.

Sorry I can't help more but this is in Microsofts domain and they aren't handling it well.

Perhaps we should all open tickets on the issue to light the proviberial fire.

Kind of mind blowing and frustrating how this is handled by the MS/PBI-Team. A key feature isn't working starting with end of May, now we're almost mid of July and in another thread there was the feedback "September with the fix". (same problem with visible filter-pane in pbi embedded report)

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@danydon 

Usually you can use &filterPaneEnabled=False to hide the filters pane works in Power BI service embedded report, there might be some mistake becasue you have a few "'" signs. Try:

{% assign bi_link = "https://app.powerbi.com/groups/X/reports/X/ReportSection?filter=eb_incomes/ConsultantId eq '" | append: user.Id | append: "'"&filterPaneEnabled=false"" %}

It might be a bug, you can also create a support ticket for better help. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Cary_Casey
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

I am having this same issue.

What I've elected to do in the mean time is hide the individual filters. This keeps them from showing up in the embedded reports, but the fitler pane will still show up in the report.

Looking for a better solution though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors