Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gmasta1129
Helper III
Helper III

Filter of Multiple Columns

Hello,

Not sure if this can be done but i created a table that contains a few columns labelled Alerts.  I set up a formula where if it doesnt breach a certain amount then 0, if it breaches then 1 or 2.  The breach amount is all different values depending on the column.  

Instead of having the power bi user filtering (10 columns that contain alerts) to find each breach, is there a way to filter/remove values that contain a 0 in the alert columns? 

Please see part of my table in screenshot below.  The green flags = 0, the red flags = 1 and yellow flags = 2.

For example, the row that contains available fx = 69mill and has two yellow flags, one red flag and one green flag.  because this row has one column "FX Alert" with a green flag does not mean this should be removed from the table.  This should be included because the other columns contain a red/yellow flag. 

gmasta1129_0-1644022295428.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are these flags part of the original data or are they computed? If computed, are they measures or calculated columns ? 

Assuming they are calculated columns or part of the source you can create another column that adds 1 for every non-green flag.  Then you can filter by that column being greater than zero.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gmasta1129
Helper III
Helper III

Worked perfectly! Thank you! 🙂 

gmasta1129
Helper III
Helper III

@lbendlin 

Thanks for responding.  

There are 4 categories/columns with flags...

1. fx alert

2. od alert

3. overall alert

4. fx prv alert

I am looking to filter/remove the rows that contain green flags. For example, if a row contains a green flag in  3 columns and 1 column contains a red flag, that row should not be removed since it has 1 red flag in that specific row. Only if all 4 columns contain green flags in a single row then i need it removed.   

Are these flags part of the original data or are they computed? If computed, are they measures or calculated columns ? 

Assuming they are calculated columns or part of the source you can create another column that adds 1 for every non-green flag.  Then you can filter by that column being greater than zero.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It is not clear to me what you are trying to achieve, and if you are stuck somewhere. What have you tried?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors