Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Switto
Helper III
Helper III

Filter not working for other users in Service

Hi Team,

I have created a report and applied "Filter in all pages" filter and published the report to services.

I am able to see the filtered data in my system, however, others who have access to this report are able to see the whole report without the filtering. As it will be shared with a large audience, can't tell them all to apply filters manually.

I have published reports earlier in this manner, however, facing this kind is first hand.

Please suggest the way out.Thanks 

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Switto 

Can you make sure that all the users have clicked on the Reset to Default button to ensure that the new changes are applied.

GilbertQ_0-1626903006773.png

After which they could then use the new filter option?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Switto
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks @GilbertQ for the solution. I will check with my mates to do so, but the question remains as to why this is happening.

Did you ever find out WHY this is happening? I would like to apply a filter on Desktop app, share & publish to others and would like the filters I applied to apply when others open the report in service

Hi @Switto 

This could be happening because the Persistent filters have been set on reports, which allows users to keep and remember their filters of their reports.

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Switto 

Can you make sure that all the users have clicked on the Reset to Default button to ensure that the new changes are applied.

GilbertQ_0-1626903006773.png

After which they could then use the new filter option?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors