Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ppei
Regular Visitor

Filter for Timestamp Column not Working

I am totally new to Power BI. I was asked to create a dashboard for energy use based on trendlogs. I only want to show one week's data so I tried to use data filter "in the previous 7 days". But it didn't work for me. My dataset still show all the data back several months. I suspect that my timestamp column's date/time format caused the issue. The format for the column includes date and time (date, month, year, hour, minute, and second). Does anyone have similar issues? Do you have any suggestions how to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Pei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ppei

I can't reproduce your problem, could you try the filter in the Table View by adding relus in the Visual Filter?

Or could you share your pbix to me via private message?

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ppei

How do you apply the filter to timestamp column?

May be you can share an example file with me and I can test for you to find the problem.

I make a test on my site, but it works well for me.

6.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Maggie,

Thank you for your help. I don't know what happened the other day. I tried today and it works. However, the result is not what I want. I want previous 7 day's data. which I put in my filter, but I only get 2 day's data. See my screenshots below. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pei

Filter.JPG

InthePreviousFilter.JPG

TrendlogQuery.JPG

Trendtable.JPG

Hi @ppei

I can't reproduce your problem, could you try the filter in the Table View by adding relus in the Visual Filter?

Or could you share your pbix to me via private message?

Best Regards

Maggie

Maggie,

I am sorry that I didn't reply soon. I was busy resolving the problem. The problem is not due to Power BI. It is due to our source data. The logs are configured in a facility monitor software and then generate logs in SQL. For some reasons SQL stopped generating reports for a couple of days so I cannot get all last 7 days' data in Power BI. We have resolved the problem. Your suggestion to use visual filter is very helpful. Thank you for your help.

Pei 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors