Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndrewDang
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filter does not show data on Power BI Service but works fine on Desktop

Hello all;

Thanks for looking at my post. I have a strange issue that the filter works fine on the Desktop version. That is if i click a bar from one chart, it shows the details on Details Analysis table just fine.  Please see the screen blow.Normal Working Condition.jpg

However, it does not work on Power BI Service (on the cloud). It does not give me any data when i clickec on the bar chart above it. 

Error Screen.jpg

Please let me know if you could help me with this. I have checked all the filter and even redeployed Power BI from Desktop to the cloud. 

Thanks;

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
bdd9
Frequent Visitor

Here is more detail on my issue:

Issue is that filters appear to work correctly in PowerBI Desktop. Initially when the file is published it appears to work in the PowerBI service. the error shows up in the service after an auto refresh or after clicking on the filters a couple of times.

Here are some screenshots:

1st is from PowerBI Desktop

Screen shot from PowerBI DesktopScreen shot from PowerBI Desktop

2nd is from PowerBI service

Screen shot from PowerBI ServiceScreen shot from PowerBI Service

bdd9
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing a very similar issue. v-jiascu-msft can you look at my power bi file?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@AndrewDang

Hi Andrew,

Could you please share your PBIX file? You can delete the confidential parts first. I can't reproduce your issue. 

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Maybe it might be helpful for some future reader...

I had the same issue. Filters working in Desktop but not Cloud (partially some records were filtered correctly). After some investigation I found that I used a type conversion from a value like "DD:MM:YYYY hh:mm:ss.milliseconds" to Date/Time which worked visually in Desktop and Cloud. 

After eliminating the milliseconds part the filters started working. I just can assume that the conversion somehow broke some future processing of the records.

Best regards

Sebastian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors