Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alliemeyerhoefe
Regular Visitor

Filter / Slicer not affecting Chart Axis nor Table

Hello,

I am trying to relate my slicer for location, months, and years to the charts and tables listed in my report. The slicer does not affect anything and I cannot figure out why...

Capture.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@alliemeyerhoefe What does the model look like, are the slicers from a different table or the same one? If it is a seperate table you need to make sure the datatype and format are the same. (remove time from dates, for example).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

I think I got it, thank you for helping. It was the table it was pulling from!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@alliemeyerhoefe What does the model look like, are the slicers from a different table or the same one? If it is a seperate table you need to make sure the datatype and format are the same. (remove time from dates, for example).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

They are from different tables, but all connect by location, Business, and Country for example. I have one report that this works well, but my issue is that the slicer is only working in the report with tables and does not affect charts or graphs. Is there a simple reason why a slicer would not affect a chart or graph?

I think I got it, thank you for helping. It was the table it was pulling from!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors