Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

musfeq
Frequent Visitor

Filter Issue in web service

Hi

Need an immediate help. I have a report which works absolutely fine in desktop version. But when i publish to web, only in 4 visuals (from two different worksheets) automatically some filters are getting applied. I have done all the possible search to find out from where this filter is coming from but i left with no clue. Interestingly when i republish the report , it behaves normal for few minutes means it shows those visuals with all data , then when i refresh the dataset or report then from nowhere those filters get applied. I have disabled persistent filter options but no luck. I have checked filter syncing and i am not missing anything there. Again it works absolutely fine in desktop version.  I think from somewhere date filter is getting applied but i don't know from where and how to stop it and it's not affecting all visuals .. it's affecting only four visuals. 

Please help.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
musfeq
Frequent Visitor

Hi All

First of all thanks all of you for your immediate response and help me to deep dive into this problem and also suggested me to open support ticket on this issue. When i was having remote session with Microsoft team then suddenly i was able to reproduce the issue in my desktop version and found the culprit. 

Resolution :

In my data source there are multiple tables where one STATUS column was having value TRUE/FALSE, as i didn't convert those to True/False data type and designed all my measures handling them as STRING. It works well in dekstop version but when this was getting published to web service, then service internally is converting them or i would say treating them as TRUE/FALSE ( Binary data type ) and all my measures was failing  whereever those have been used in visuals. 

I have now converted those datatype as True/False and tweaked all those measures. Published again and boooooom, it's okay now.

Request to admin to close this thread. 

thanks

Musfeq Saleheen 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
musfeq
Frequent Visitor

Hi All

First of all thanks all of you for your immediate response and help me to deep dive into this problem and also suggested me to open support ticket on this issue. When i was having remote session with Microsoft team then suddenly i was able to reproduce the issue in my desktop version and found the culprit. 

Resolution :

In my data source there are multiple tables where one STATUS column was having value TRUE/FALSE, as i didn't convert those to True/False data type and designed all my measures handling them as STRING. It works well in dekstop version but when this was getting published to web service, then service internally is converting them or i would say treating them as TRUE/FALSE ( Binary data type ) and all my measures was failing  whereever those have been used in visuals. 

I have now converted those datatype as True/False and tweaked all those measures. Published again and boooooom, it's okay now.

Request to admin to close this thread. 

thanks

Musfeq Saleheen 

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @musfeq 

You may make the corresponding visual selected and click the icon in the right-top corner. Then you may find out slicers and filters affecting the visual. Hope it helps. If it still doesn't work, I'd like to suggest you create a support ticket here.  

b1.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Allan

Appreciate for your response. I had checked that earlier and it wasn't affecting by those slicers as it shows. I have raised support ticket and MS team has already got first glance of the issue but so far no solution came out and i am waiting for their responses as they had suggested me toupgrade my Desktop version as it was 2019 ( August ) release. I have upgraded but still i have the same issue. I have updated the ticket as well. 

Meanwhile if anyone has faced similiar kind of issues and found the way to resolve it please suggest.

thanks

Musfeq Saleheen

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Strange, can you share the Publish to Web link and indicate where the issue is? You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi

Issue WS1.JPG

Yes i need to raise a support ticket as we do have Pro account.

thanks

Musfeq Saleheen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors