Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gusly
Helper II
Helper II

Filled Map visualization not working in web app

I can't get the Filled Map visualization to work in the web app, by using the Location and Values fields (no other fields set). With the very same data I've been able to use the same visualization in the desktop app, just as I'm getting the Map visualization to work in the web app.

I'm using regular integers as values and for the location I've been using names of states like "California", "Oregon" etc. and also countries such as "Norway", "Denmark" etc. Everything is working in the desktop app.

Why is this not working for the Filled Map in the web app?

9 REPLIES 9
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gusly @bibbino What does your source table look like?

Here's the Dashboard on the iPad APP

IMG_0287.PNG

Here's one tile clicked on the iPad APP

IMG_0286.PNG

Here's when you click Open Report

IMG_0288.PNG

Also works on the Windows APP - I do NOT mean Service or Desktop where it also works - the Windows APP

Windows APP.png

Report View on Windows APP

Windows APP2.png

@Sean, you're right, even the data I use does work on the iPad APP. What I mean with "web app" is https://app.powerbi.com/, sorry for not being clear about it.

Actually I can show you through the embed code function:
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjU3OGQwNDEtNmNmYS00MDVmLWEyOWMtZTJjZTdhYTVhYjFkIiwidCI6IjRiZ...

Please check that report to see the data. As you can see the Filled Map (left) shows nothing, while the Map (right) does.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gusly 

this is from the link you just sent me

Web APP.png

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

By the way looks this way on all 3 browsers - Internet Explorer, Edge and Firefox

@SeanThis is what I see:
what_i_see.PNG

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

what browser are you using and version?

what happens if you zoom in on the left map?

@Sean

Nothing special happens when I zoom, still nothing showing.

Your question about browser showed some interesting results though. It's working properly in Internet Explorer and in Firefox, but not in Chrome (the one used for the screenshots). I manage to get it to show in Chrome on another device though...

Good news is that it only seems to be in Chrome on my device where I have the issue, but of course I would like to find out why and how to fix it.

Btw, thank you for the help, much appreciated.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

At least you know where its happening now

It shows up in my Chrome

Chrome.png

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Here you can see what I see in my browser

Edge.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors