Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CmdrKeene
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filename.xlsm OneDrive Refresh Disabled

I have a XLSX file stored in OneDrive for business and the scheduled refresh from it has been working great for months up until last Friday the 13th.  That was the last time the refresh occurred.  I try runing the scheduled hourly OneDrive refresh back on for the data source, then I soon get an email telling me it's been disabled.

I've gone through all the help topics and haven't discovered yet why it won't refresh.

----ERROR----

FILENAME.xlsm has been disabled. You can learn about common reasons refresh fails in our help topics or reach out to our Community for help. As always, you can also contact support.

If you contact support for this issue, please provide them with the following information:

Activity Id: 22f74e02-c524-46dd-bf1f-812fe569950e

Request Id: 158636b1-4af4-4a42-abe8-5f7a9da97dba

Cluster Name: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time: 04/18/2018 15:58:43Z

Refresh End Time: 04/18/2018 15:58:51Z

CmdrKeene
7 REPLIES 7
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CmdrKeene

Did anyone perhaps just hit publish from the desktop and overwrite the Onedrive version? Happened to me once. Microsoft had to fix it on the backend.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I'm not sure about the "publish" you mention, although our normal process is to update the file "in place" one OneDrive and rely on PowerBI to see the changes to the file (usually very quickly).  I am not sure why it lost the relationship to the file on Friday (or indeed if that's even what occurred, I just know it says scheduled refresh is disabled).

I wanted to try setting it up again using "Get Data" but I don't want to rebuild all the reports and dashboards that consume data from that file, so I'm hoping it can be re-linked (sort of how you described).

CmdrKeene

@CmdrKeene

It took me 6 months to convince Microsoft that the link to Onedrive had been compromised. After that, it was just a couple of hours before they reset it on the backend. I had 25 reports pulled from that single dataset so, similar to you, I was not in a rebuilding mood. Microsoft can reset the connection for you. You will have to file a support ticket for this and go through the process. If you really push the issue, it could be a simple one day solve. You may have to be really firm with them, though, because their default answer will be that they cannot do this. Don't believe them. If need be, I can email you my case number for them to pull the process. If it comes to that, let me know.

Microsoft can be very stubborn.

Hello @kcantor , I'm running into what sounds like a very similar issue - OneDrive Refresh has failed and Microsoft is telling me there is no way to restore it. I'm seeing this post is over two years old, so this might be a longshot, but if you have any information on your case where they were able to restore the connection that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cmcnamee 

It is absolutely possible for Microsoft to reset the connection from the back end. You will need to continue to request escallation on the ticket until you get to a supervisor. In all honestly, it took less than 5 minutes after getting the appropriate person involved. Be persistent.

Do you have any ideas how I can get in touch with Support to get it fixed?  I'm a free user, so I don't know if they even will try.  I don't want to relink the data source because many reports and dashboards use it

CmdrKeene

Heh, yeah tell me about it.  My O365 organizational email box has had an issue for nearly 2 years. Finally got our admin to open a priority support case and they still can't fix it. I'll probably leave this company before they fix my mailbox. But I digress.

CmdrKeene

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors