Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lorinamuca

File power bi created with dataset taken from service does not refresh

Hello everybody,

I have created a dataset with all measures i need for my project and i published it in Power BI Service. Since i have to create three different reports (Sales, Purchases and Inventory), for every single report i get the dataset from service. The fact is that when i make changes to the dataset i am not able to see the updates in the other files of report where i've used the same dataset. Considering that, everytime i make a change on the dataset i save the file and re-publish in service. Just for your info, the files of the report are saved in a folder in my pc.

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lorinamuca,

Could you please mark your answer as solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lorinamuca,

How did you make changes to the dataset? If you use a live connection to Power BI Service, you can't change the dataset. You can only create reports.

If you want to modify the dataset, you can do it in the original .pbix file and republish it to the Service. All reports shared in the Service will be overwritten.

Please refer to: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-report-lifecycle-datasets/.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

Actually, i did the changes of my dataset in the original pbix file. Then i tried another way. I refreshed al tables in power query, applied it and then refreshed the second file of reports in another pbix file and suddenly i did it. So it is always necessary to refresh all tables in power query and then apply changes.

Thank you very much Dale!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors