Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rnoone
Helper I
Helper I

Fields and Format are not visible

One user cannot see Fields and Format sections under visualization. The icons for both are visible but the options are not. When the icons are clicked the options flicker for a second and then disappear. The user has IE 10. He is working in a shared workspace. Any suggestions are welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We tried clearing the cache and updating display drivers but they had no impact. In the end, upgrading from IE10 to IE11 resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GarryFarrell
Advocate III
Advocate III

Did you find a fix for this issue? I have the same issue. I setup a new PowerBI account, imported a local file from Excel. Created a basic report but I can't use the fields or format to modify the vizualizations.

IE10 on Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit

Fields and Format Missing.PNG 

We tried clearing the cache and updating display drivers but they had no impact. In the end, upgrading from IE10 to IE11 resolved the issue.

@GarryFarrell Microsoft recommended:

1. clearing the browser cache
  2. ensuring that the model was developed with latest desktop version

I haven't the opportunity to test this out yet but you might want to try.

I haven't found a fix. I logged an incident with Microsoft (a "basic" one) on Tuesday.

What you have is exactly the same issue. Thanks for supplying the screenshot.

@rnoone I'm assuming this is in the context of viewing or editing a report. What permissions does the user have in the group workspace? Do you have a screen shot?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Yes, this is in the context of viewing or editing a report. The use had Member permissions initially until the issue was observered. Then permissions were upgraded to Admin, but nothing changed. I have not screenshot unfortunately.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors