Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SMHolck
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Feb 2020 Hierarchy Slicer Preview - Too many columns in the values bucket

The Feb 2020 Feature Summary noted the release of the preview version of a standard Hierarchy Slicer using the non marketplace standard Filter visual.  And it works great on Desktop, but as many have noted in the comments https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-february-2020-feature-summary/, when you publish and view on PowerBi.com, you receive an error saying "Too many columns in the Values bucket."  I have a 3 level hierarchy and there are < 10 values total in the lowest level.  Is this a Premium only feature?  Or how do we get around this problem?

ERROR: Too many columns in the Values bucketERROR: Too many columns in the Values bucket

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SMHolck
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Workaround: I got around the "Too many columns in the Values Bucket" error by publishing as a Dropdown, then editing on PowerBI.com. I then changed it again in desktop and republished and it is still working. See if that works for you.  Kludgey, but it works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SMHolck ,

Anyway, congratulations on finding one workaround. Please accept your reply as a solution so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Hope this is just an intermittent problem. If you encounter this problem again in the future and you are a pro user, I suggest you create a support ticket to get further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SMHolck
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Workaround: I got around the "Too many columns in the Values Bucket" error by publishing as a Dropdown, then editing on PowerBI.com. I then changed it again in desktop and republished and it is still working. See if that works for you.  Kludgey, but it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors