Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Featured Content extra options not available in App Workspace Settings

I am in an AAD Security group for PowerBIPromotions as a member

In Azure Admin, this group has been added to Featured Content

AdminFeaturedContent.JPG

But when I go to the App worspace (Im Admin in the workspace) and go to settings I dont have snapshot or featured like it says in the documentation

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/promote-your-reports-dashboards-and-apps-on-power-bi-home/

Is there anything else I need to do to get featured content working

thanks in advance

Debbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't know about the report going off. About the app featured content, do you mean this options?

featuredappfeaturedapp

I hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I think you have to be careful when reading the doc. It says that featured options are over apps, dashboard, report and dataset settings. You won't find that option in workspaces options because you feature an item inside the workspace.

Hope you find it in an item inside PowerBiPromotions workspace.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

thats a point,

I have managed to add Reports from my App workspace as featured content by going to the report in the app workspace and setting to featured

But I would only ever want to feature information from the apps and I dont know how to do this?

also when you go back to the report and click back on settings, featured content is set to off again which is a little confusing

I don't know about the report going off. About the app featured content, do you mean this options?

featuredappfeaturedapp

I hope this helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors