Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lfaltran

Feature - URL Filter on "Publish to Web Report"

Hi,

I'm using Power BI integrated with my azure database over "azure sql data warehouse" option on PowerBI datasets.

After build some reports and use the "Publish to Web Report" option I've faced a problem and need help for a workaround 🙂

Two users access the same URL (over and IFRAME), but, I want to set different filters, after search on PowerBI forums and other websites, it seems to be impossible (as link bellow), only on dashboard share to others PowerBI Pro users.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-to-Pass-a-URL-Filter-to-Publish-to-Web-Report/td-p/46376

What do you think about this?

Any suggestions how to solve this problem in my company?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've finished report creation for each company, this workaround works like a charm 🙂

By the way, I've used the same view and aplied REPORT LEVEL FILTERS for Company ID.

Best regards

Luiz Fernando Altran

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lfaltran,

"Publish to web" publishes the report to the whole Internet without authentication, so filter seems unnecessary. Maybe there is a workaround. 

1. Create measures with the filter conditions. For instance:

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    MIN ( Table1[Value] ),
    FILTER ( 'Table1', 'Table1'[Week] = "week1" )
)

2. Create different reports for different purposes. Then publish to web.Feature - URL Filter on Publish to Web Report.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Dale, thank you for your answer... I've tried to use this option "measure" that you said but on Power BI Web it doesn't exists.

Probably I'll create different reports for each client with filters applied, not sure if a better aproach will be released in short time.

By the way, I use exclusive Power BI Web, cause my environment is exclusive Linux platform and Power BI Desktop is not compatible.

Thank you

Luiz Fernando Altran

Hi @lfaltran,

Maybe you missed a powerful tool. We can't create a measure in the Power BI Service by now. There may be a workaround in your scenario. Maybe you could create several views in the database. One person has a report from a special view. But this would be a lot of work to do. 

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've finished report creation for each company, this workaround works like a charm 🙂

By the way, I've used the same view and aplied REPORT LEVEL FILTERS for Company ID.

Best regards

Luiz Fernando Altran

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors