Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Favorites with wrong reference

Hi!

I'm having problems with references of favorites in Power BI Service. I will discribe what I have done:

1 - Create 2 workspaces, Development, Production.

2 - Publish a report to Development workspace.

3 - Made Dashboards.

4 - Create a content pack for sharing with Production.

5 - From Production, I got the content pack.

6 - Standing in one of the recently imported Dashboards to Production, marked it as Favorite.

7 - When going to Favorites, I can see the recently Favorite added.

8 - The description of the Favorite says that it goes to the Development workspace, witch is not the desired. I clic it to see what happens, and nothing, I get a blank screen in the workspace enviroment.

How can I get this right? I need to make this Favorite part of its own workspace, Production.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I'm having problems with references of favorites in Power BI Service. I will discribe what I have done:

1 - Create 2 workspaces, Development, Production.

2 - Publish a report to Development workspace.

3 - Made Dashboards.

4 - Create a content pack for sharing with Production.

5 - From Production, I got the content pack.

6 - Standing in one of the recently imported Dashboards to Production, marked it as Favorite.

7 - When going to Favorites, I can see the recently Favorite added.

8 - The description of the Favorite says that it goes to the Development workspace, witch is not the desired. I clic it to see what happens, and nothing, I get a blank screen in the workspace enviroment.

This same configured Favorites work properly in Mobile version, the issue is in PowerBI Service.

Thanks in advance.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I partially reproduced your issue. When I get from a content pack which is created in another group/workspace, it can show correct Description (current workspace) if I set Favorite on a dashboard. I encounter same issue when I click the dashboard in Favorite. I also get a blank page. However, if I paste the URL in another window, it can redirect to the dashboard properly. We have reported this issue internally.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-sihou-msft.

Thanks for your fast reply. I aprreciate your time for repoting this as issue.

Have a great day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-sihou-msft

Another thing I notice, is that the Favorites are deleted when updating the content pack in Production workspace.

1 - I make changes in Development workspace.

2 - Upgrade content pack shared with Production.

3 - From Production workspace, make a Get Data to import again the recently upgraded content pack.

4 - Everything is updated properly.

5 - But the Favorites are deleted.

In a scenario where the panels, reports, or data model is updated frecuently, is really annoying to have to set Favorites everytime the content pack is updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-sihou-msft

About wrong reference in Favorites. If this Favorites are accessed from Mobile, it works properly. The issue is only in PowerBI Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors