Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Taeyeon
Regular Visitor

Favorites Icon (Star) is missing from Navigation Pane

Hi All, 

I have a strange one - The Favorites Icon (Star) is missing from the Navigation Pane.

I have tried Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox - all with the same outcome - no star

Favorites is within the page, but just not in the navigation pane.

Can anyone suggest a remedy? My admin doesn't know.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I put in a support ticket with Microsoft about this same issue.  They reported it was a bug and they are working to get it fixed.

From MS Support:

I just received an update on this issue.

This has been identified as a bug today by our Product Group and is a known issue.

I will keep you posted as soon as I have more information on the fix.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
farm

I seriously hope they aren't planning to make this change widely. It's awful. None of our users want this. We disabled experimentation on our tenant as per instructions above from @Burningsuit (THANK YOU!!!)

I think they made it permanent.  I just noticed this now for all my users.  Everyone else see that and any way to turn it back to normal having favorites only on the left side menu?

lfarine

My user lost Favorites, Browse & Shared With Me from the nav pane.  They reported this behavior on 3/15/22.  I'm baffled.  Any suggestions?

I put in a support ticket with Microsoft about this same issue.  They reported it was a bug and they are working to get it fixed.

From MS Support:

I just received an update on this issue.

This has been identified as a bug today by our Product Group and is a known issue.

I will keep you posted as soon as I have more information on the fix.

Now they have made this the default and we cannot opt out, this is awful.

Well, it's my client's choice to use Microsoft products, now you know why we don't recommend them anymore. Sometimes it's hard to justify purchasing software from a company that's so hostile and disrespectful to its end-users...But that's OK, I've been gainfully employed helping folks transition to and from Microsoft products for this exact reason.

I guess it's time to start learning some other BI tools outside of the Microsoft sphere...

HI @MP-iCONN 

Microsoft made thiese UI changes, you can opt out with this Tenant Setting switch (you need a Power BI Admin to update the setting).

--------------------------------------------------------

The user account that sees "Browse" was randomly selected as part of an experiment evaluating a potential change to the UI. If the customer would like to opt-out of experiments they can do so by disabling experimentation see User experience experiments admin settings - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

When this feature is enabled, users in the organization will get minor user experience variations, including content, layout, and design, that the Power BI team is experimenting with before they go live for all users.

Burningsuit_0-1648206360349.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

Tackled this challenge yesterday and disconnected the user experiment for my organization. The problem seems resolved ! Thx a lot for this tip

Trudgeon
Helper III
Helper III

I have a new user that reported this issue yesterday as well.  Very strange.

Thanks so much - problem resolved

And the problem is back again! 😫

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

how was it resolved?

MP-iCONN
Resolver I
Resolver I

Interesting, one of my users just reported it as well.  The browse button showed up which taked you the favorites but it makes it an extra step for him.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors