Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cymorg
Advocate I
Advocate I

False positive dataset refresh failure notifications?

I sometimes receive refresh failure notifications from PBI informing me the refresh of a (SQL Server import) dataset failed.  The dataset's refresh history shows Status as Completed.

What's going on?  An email saying it failed and the log saying it succeeded??

Example email...

SomethingWentWrong.jpg

The refresh is setup to run at 09:30 AM UTC/GMT+1

The email is sent at 8:08 UTC

ScheduledRefresh.jpg

The refresh history, below, shows this job as Complete.  A failed job would usually be shown as Failed with an accompanying message. 

RefreshHistory.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cymorg ,

You could download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, check if there is an error when you refresh report in desktop. If it works fine, maybe you could ignore the notification. Due to gateway is affected by network, it might cause a transient issue. If it refreshes failed or you want to find it out, you could submit a support ticket. The teams will check it internally.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tried all of the above with no improvement, except opening a support ticket, which, assuming the false positives continue (the last one was 2 days ago), I will do.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors