Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rishabh_THB
Frequent Visitor

Failure to add Datasets in Dashboard

Hello

I have added a data source in my data gateway after installing on-premises data gateway. However once i publish a resport and pin it live and after that try to connect my dashboard to the datasets for a schedule update, i'm getting an error

" Your data gateway (Power BI – personal) is offline. To set refresh scheduling, make sure your gateway is online ". Whyi am getting this error, despite the fact that in manage gateway section my data gateway as well as the data source is coming online. 

Please provide an immediate assistance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Rishabh_THB

The personal gateway and on-premises gateway are two different things. If you installed and configured on-premises gateway, you need to go to manage gateway section to add a data source for your datset. Then go to dataset setting - Gateway connection and select Use a data gateway in Power BI Service as below.

Failure to add Datasets in Dashboard_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Rishabh_THB

The personal gateway and on-premises gateway are two different things. If you installed and configured on-premises gateway, you need to go to manage gateway section to add a data source for your datset. Then go to dataset setting - Gateway connection and select Use a data gateway in Power BI Service as below.

Failure to add Datasets in Dashboard_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors