Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to update data source credentials

I come in this morning and for some reason every dashboard I have that has Salesforce as a data source is unable to refresh online. I get this error:

1.PNG 

I'm able to login to Salesforce itself, can refresh manually from Power BI Desktop, but my scheduled refreshes are having an issue on my workspaces. Has anyone else experienced this before? This has been working properly everyday for months until today. I have not changed or updated any credentials recently from Salesforce.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @LeanneShapro,

This could be 2 different things:

1. Microsoft recently acknolwdged it's been having issues with Salesforce refreshing. They're currently looking into the problem. This is just a refreshing error though, so it might not be the cause here.

2. I did end up fixing the issue in my case by creating a new password from Salesforce. For some reason, I had 3-4 days before my password expired from Salesforce, but PBI was already telling me my credentials were invalid. This was only happening from the service, I could refresh fine from the desktop file. So on the day when my password officially expired and I had to create a new one, the report started working again from the service and I was able to successfully login.

Even more strange, I've had to reset my password before from Salesforce since we have to every 3 months. This was the only time I've ever had the issue.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @joansinho

Unfortunately we are still looking for a solution. I'll be sure to share on this thread if I do find a resolution. 

@LeanneShapro

Hi, 

Thank you for the heads up. I am hoping this update resolve my issue. I can't create a ticket without going to ITS at my company because of admits privilege.  

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please check if you are using one of the supported editions for API access. Please see below.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000005140&type=1

Editions with API Access

To use the API, your organization must be on one of the following 4 editions (the API is enabled by default):

• Enterprise Edition
  • Unlimited Edition
  • Developer Edition
  • Performance Edition

Editions with no API Access

• Contact Edition  
  • Group Edition
  • Professional Edition

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft Hi Frank, thank you for your response. We are using the Performance edition.

Hi @Anonymous,

Does my answer make sense? If so, kindly mark it as a solution to close the case. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

@v-frfei-msft @Anonymous

Hi all

I am having the same issue. My company uses Unlimited edition.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors