Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to update data source credentials / sharepoint online / status code 400

Hi

I have tried seaching for a solution to this problem but have not found any so far.

I have created a report in power bi desktop using a sharepoint online list and have published it to power bi. So far so good. When I click refresh on the dataset, it fails. 

"Data source errorScheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh."

When I try to update the credentials and set the to "Authentication method: Windows" and "Privacy level: Organisational" I get "Failed to update" with Status Code: 400

Anyone know whats wrong?

Thx
Jorgen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Power Bi Service >> Data Set Settings >> Data Source Credentials >> Select the data source (ex:- share point > edit credentials > use "OAuth2 > Privacy level (Organizational)).

PBIS-Data Set Settings.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Power Bi Service >> Data Set Settings >> Data Source Credentials >> Select the data source (ex:- share point > edit credentials > use "OAuth2 > Privacy level (Organizational)).

PBIS-Data Set Settings.JPG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Thanks was facing the same issue, and it worked

@Anonymous Use "OAuth"

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors